Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"And don't it feel good..."

In my opinion, summer is the one season that evokes memories (good and bad) of a time past.
Certain sounds, smells, tastes or activities can evoke thoughts days gone by like it was…um, yesterday. For me, music plays such a large role in our life, but it also defines many of my memories. I was perusing through some playlists which got me to thinking about my favorite summer songs. Hang on, keep all hands inside the compartment…the ride is about to begin.

1) “Kokomo”-Beach Boys
-T and I went to Kokomo for our honeymoon-really did, just not the one the Boys sing about.

2) “Summertime”-New Kids on the Block
-Love me some NKOTB…young or old…this is my ringtone on my phone.

3) “Live Like You Were Dying”-Tim McGraw
-Just love this one…good creed for life. Like seeing Tim’s bare feet in video (is that creepy?)

4) “Summer of 69”-Bryan Adams
-Ahhh…high school. No, not in ’69, but ’85—geesh

5) “Walking on Sunshine”-Katrina and the Waves
-Meant to make one happy…and it works

6) “Good Vibrations”-Marky Mark
-Yeah, sure he can act…but he could um, sing too? Abs-olutely

7) “All Summer Long”-Kid Rock
-Hopefully will be the only song I ever like by this guy-shamed to admit

8) “Paradise City”-Guns and Roses
-Classic…video of the tots rockin’ it. Bad, bad parent

9) “No Rain”-Blind Melon
-Old friends…sad

10) “Summer Nights” –Rascal Flatts
-New fave…just is fun!!!

11) “Strawberry Wine”-Deanna Carter
-I remember my first love (he’s bald now)

12) “Summertime”-Kenny Chesney
-Perfect summer song. Love, love, love it!!!

13) “Soak Up the Sun”-Sheryl Crow
-Only song I truly like from her too. How life should be.

14) “We Built this City”-Jefferson Starship
-Freshman year of college. Rockin’ at PU football games

15) “Went Out Last Night”-Kenny Chesney
-Love this guy-he knows how to have a good time

16) “Love Bug”-Jonas Brothers
-Yes, I love these boys. More shame…want H to be one

17) “You Give Love a Bad Name”-Bon Jovi
-No shame in loving Jon…T is fully aware…and jealous

18) “Tearing Up My Heart”-N’Sync
-Apparently I have a soft spot for boy bands.

19) “I Love Rock n Roll”-Joan Jett
-You gotta love the classics

20) “MmmBop”-Hanson
-Mmmmm, ok…move on

21) “Gonna Make You Sweat”-C&C Music Factory
-Great workout music…if I worked out

22) “We Got the Beat”-Go-Go’s
-Girl bands rock!!! Always try to do drum part…and fail

23) “Living on a Prayer”-Bon Jovi
-Nuff said

24) “Baby One More Time”-Britney Spears
-Sorry, I like it though

25) “Boondocks”-Little Big Town
-Love ‘em…them folks can sing!

Wish someone would make an album of them all ‘cause my 8-track player is on the fritz. I’ll just go record them onto a tape when they play on the radio.
-I know some of you know exactly what I mean, don’t kid yourself.

2 comments:

  1. hah.. you make me laugh everytime... my favs... Kokomo?? really.. and Insync... holla, love that one too!!

    ReplyDelete