Monday, July 13, 2009

Come On Get Happy... :)

Ahhh, back to Monday. Work just keeps popping up, doesn't it? Oh well, sometimes I actually miss it (the old job-o) when I am off...b/c it keeps me in a routine. I will not admit this in public by any means, not even under severe torture.

Friday night the youth had a fund-raiser at Sacred Grounds (local coffeehouse) to raise moola for the National Festival. It was a smashing success, with over 100 there. I am again swollen with pride over my son. Yes, I realize that I go on and on about him and his musical accomplishments, but really...I gotta'. He is just so stinking incredible!!!!

I also realized that he is too comfortable up in front of a crowd. He would get up to the mic and chat with the crowd. All the while I am vigorously shaking my head "No" as in "Shut up and step away from the mic". What is a well-intentioned Mom to do? I know that I had more stage-fright than he did, it was totally cool for him to converse with them...they loved it.

Various youth ministered in a number of ways from solos, instrumentals, duets, quartets, a rock band and our awesome worship team. The Lord has blessed all of these kids with wonderful gifts that were then used to bless and minister to others. Isn't that the whole plan? I know that some in the audience were appalled when there was some (not a lot) of "scream-o" in H's rock band. It may not have appealed to them, but for someone, somewhere, at some time...it was the perfect tool to touch a life. H wrote all of the songs that his group did, and I know that the words came from the recesses of his heart--a heart that loves the Lord and is serving Him in whatever way he can...there just happens to be a boy in the band that loves to do the growling singing as an accompanyment to regular song. A little bit out of the box never hurt anyone, did it?

It was asked what we could do with these kids next...and I suggested getting a bus, and painting it like the Partridge Family and hitting the road. I was kidding (half), but now that I really think about it...what a great idea!!! I wish there was a venue (or traveling kind) where our group could reach out and touch kids their age...and show the love of God...hmmmm....the thinking cap is on and in place-watch out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment